Compress ZIP Files on iOS 11 with Files
Share with your friends all the news of the new applications in Line Ipad
After being released iOS 11 compress ZIP files is much simpler on the iPad with the new native App Apple Files.
Instead of opening a third-party app following a complex file transfer process, you can now use the “Drag & Drop” feature within the Files app.
Here’s how to compress your ZIP files from the Files app on iOS 11.
Compress ZIP files with Kpressor
- Download the Kpressor App from the iOS App Store:
- Open the Files app on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 11.
- Click on the “Select” option.
- Choose the files you want to compress.
- Press the File action button (the share menu).
- Select the “Create Zip file” option in the iOS 11 extensions.
The app will begin the process of compressing ZIP files and giving you the possibility to save the result.
Unzipping files is simpler you just have to press a ZIP file in the Apple Files application and it will open in Kpressor. From here you can preview, extract and select their contents.
Kpressor is compatible with the Split View and Slide Over features of the iOS 11 Multitasking. It does not yet have drag-and-drop support.
Compress ZIP files with Zipped
- Download the Zipped app on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Files app.
- Use Drag and Drop from Files to Zipped.
- Save your ZIP file.
- The method will serve you to compress and to decompress files.
The Zipped app is not as complete as Kpressor. However it is much cheaper and has compatibility with the “drag and drop” function of iOS 11 hence we also recommend it. You only have to choose between them taking into account your tastes and needs.